Data recovery is a process of recuperating lost, unreachable, corrupted, or damaged data. It can be done from the secondary storage and media files stored on a computer or hard drive. It usually becomes useful when the data stored in secondary storage cannot be easily retrieved.
External or internal hard disk drives, solid-state drives, CDs, DVDs, USB flash drives, and other electronic devices data are often recovered from storage media through this process.
It is usually required when the storage files are physically damaged. It also occurs if the document’s framework’s logically damaged which prevents the data from being accumulated by the host OS.
Data Recovery Techniques
These techniques are based on the type of damage that occurs in the storage. It solves recovery issues of recycle bin, formatted file, raw, and hard drive lost data. These techniques are categorized into logical and physical.
- Logical refers to the improvement of an error that is not associated with hardware and only is solved by using a software solution. In logical damage cases, corruption of hard disk and inaccessibility of drive occurs due to the deleting, damaging, overwriting, and formatting of the hard disk. This loss is only be solved by operating logical data recovery.
- Physical usually helps to solve the physical damage which occurs due to human errors. Hard drives are complex and a minute shock can result in permanent data loss or non-functioning. To avoid the risk of physical damage, it’s necessary to handle the hard drive gently with utmost care.
It also deals with the revival of hidden data. Encrypted data, rather than the deleted data, is also recovered by some forensic computer experts. Recovery experts do not always need physical access to the software for recovering the data; they can also easily do it by using remote access software over the Internet.
Significance of data recovery
The data recovery system effectively recovers and repairs the lost, corrupted, deleted, or damaged data and brings back the data safely. It recovers the deleted file and saves user’s time and effort.
- Data recovery has provided a lot of advantages to companies and businesses that are completely dependent on computers to store their data, files, and employees’ information.
- It can bring the user’s pictures and files back that is precious and important to them.
- Data recovery also serves as an additional storage device for companies.
- Important in a way that the user’s data is secured after any virus attack or damaging of the software.
Famous Software Used:
The most important thing in the data recovery system is the period it takes to recover the data and the quality of the data being restored. Bitwar Software, Disk Drill for Windows, Prosoft Data Rescue 5 for Windows, and Recuva are the software that is easily restoring the data in no time with high quality.