Pakistan summons Afghan Charge d’Affaires to lodge protest over Torkham firing incident

ISLAMABAD: After nine people including two soldiers were injured in the firing by Afghan forces, Pakistan summoned Afghan Charge d’Affaires at Foreign Office and lodged a strong protest. According to a statement issued by the Foreign Office, the Afghan Charge d’Affaires was called to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and asked about the unprovoked firing by the Afghan forces at Pakistani forces at the Torkham border crossing. “It was further emphasized that all steps should be taken for avoiding recurrence of such incidents in the future,” the statement said. Meanwhile, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said in his tweet that border management with Afghanistan is vital for our security. Border management with Afghanistan is vital for our security,free flow of traffic cannot b allowed.incident today appropriately responded — Khawaja M. Asif (@KhawajaMAsif) June 12, 2016 Asif said latest firing incident from Afghanistan was appropriately responded by Pakistan at Torkham border. He said that Pakistan considers these unprovoked attacks unhelpful in Pak-Afghan relations. Earlier on Sunday, at least nine people were injured in an incessant exchange of fire between Pakistan and Afghan security forces near the porous Torkham border. The injured include two FC personnel, two Khasadar officials as well as six

The post Pakistan summons Afghan Charge d’Affaires to lodge protest over Torkham firing incident appeared first on News Pakistan.


Source: News Pakistan

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*